Honey – A Natural Wonder
Here you’ll find a little bit of information about the health benefits of honey. There’s so much to learn about ‘nature’s gold’ as you will see by the hundreds of books and articles found in libraries and stores, plus the thousands of honey related sites you’ll find on the web.
If you go to our Bee and Honey Links page you will find links to sites with tons of information. You can get started by reading this, then… search on.
Honey: A Magical Mystery
Honey has been around for a long time – they say millions of years – and yet we know so little about it.
That’s why scientists and researchers are working hard to make new discoveries and to ensure the bees don’t disappear..
Honey is gathered from nectar of the blossoms of many flowers visited and pollinated by bees. It is then taken into the beehive and changed by the worker bees. Worker bees remove the liquid from the nectar.
The finished product is heavy syrup with 12 to 20 percent moisture and 80 to 85 percent sugar. It’s a good source of quick energy for the human body.
Health Benefits of Honey and Other Bee Products
Honey boasts many medical benefits.
Unpasteurized honey absorbs easily into the body, balancing blood glucose, building pollen antibodies, increasing energy & revitalizing electrolytes!
- Honey positively modulates the glycemic response by reducing blood glucose, serum fructosamine or glycosylated hemoglobin concentrations: https://doi.org/10.2174/092986713804999358
- Honey as a treatment for option for rhino conjunctivitis (Hay fever): https://ibra.org.uk/wp-content/JAAS/VOL2/2-4/JAAS%202%204%2002L%20%25281%2529.pdf
- Honey in Relieving Multiple Facets of Atherosclerosis (thickening or hardening of the arteries): https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/11/1/167/htm
- Honey as a wound dressing for cleaning wound and promoting tissue growth https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26061489/
Pollen, a super food, has trace amounts of all vitamins (excluding D&B12), minerals, enzymes & contains 25% protein. Try in smoothies, on cereal or chew in the mouth.
- Biological ingredients of pollen, pollen as anti-inflammatory, increasing mental capacity, increased mood, therapeutic uses, strengthen nervous system: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2015/297425/
- Pollen reducing chromosome damage caused by cancer drugs (chemotherapy) in cancer patients: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20598400/
Propolis is tree sap collected by bees. Naturally anaerobic, anti-viral & anti-fungal. An effective anesthetiser & anti-inflammatory. Great to ease sore throats & infections of all types.
- Honey bee products as a preventative/treatment method for Covid-19: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32945590/
- Antibacterial properties of Propolis: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31146392/
- Anti-inflammatory properties of Propolis and as a use for cancer prevention: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25723108/
- Propolis to prevent gingivitis: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3183661/
Royal jelly-the hormone rich food of the Queen bee-gives her longevity, fertility & size. Effective to aid hormonal imbalances, increase energy & tissue recovery.
- Royal Jelly improving fertility and hormonal imbalances: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Dr_Sharangouda_Patil/publication/348716320_Impact_of_Royal_Jelly_on_Infertility_A_Review/links/600c6213299bf14088b8c5e8/Impact-of-Royal-Jelly-on-Infertility-A-Review.pdf
- Royal jelly for wound healing and menopause: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324152
Bee venom is an effective anti-inflammatory. It stimulates hormones, nerves & blood circulation.
- Bee venom and arthritis: https://www.winchesterhospital.org/health-library/article?id=13504 and https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1062163/
Beeswax skin creams naturally create a barrier against moisture loss. Burning a beeswax candle neutralizes environmental ion energy, cleans allergens & dust from the air acting as a sleep aid.
- Burning beeswax candle as air purifiers, normalizing serotonin for improved sleep: https://cleanup.expert/info/natures-air-purifier/
- Asthma treatment : https://www.beepurified.ca/blog/allergies-asthma-beeswax
- Beeswax as used in cream to improve water retention and heal damaged skin barrier: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1208/s12249-017-0737-x
Royal Beauty Serum$15.00 – $85.00 Select options
Wrinkle Bee Gone$15.00 – $85.00 Select options
Beeswax Pieces$7.50 – $30.00 Select options
Tapered Candles$4.50 – $24.00 Select options
Twists & Twirls Candles$12.00 – $18.00 Select options
Propolis Cream$25.00 – $35.00 Select options
Calendula Cream$25.00 – $35.00 Select options
Skin Cream$22.00 – $80.00 Select options
Bee Venom Liniment$15.00 – $85.00 Select options
Honey as a Cough Remedy:
Honey has aided in bad coughing spells for years. An effective mix for coughing is to peel and finely chop one pound of onions. Add two ounces of honey and ¾ of a pound of brown sugar in two pints of water. Simmer gently over low heat for three hours. When cool, put in an airtight container and take four to six tablespoons a day. As in any illness, it is best to consult a doctor. It is also a mild laxative.
Honey for Allergies:
People have also boasted that chewing the thin wax cappings sliced from the comb of honey once a day for one month before the start of the hay fever season greatly reduces hay fever symptoms. Chewing these cappings has also helped sinus sufferers.